Tuesday, April 27th, 2010

Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure for Spring 2010

Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue and Hidden Treasure

Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure

Sally Hansen launches 14 new colors to the Complete Salon Manicure line inspired and created by Tracy Reese's Spring 2010 Fashion Show. If you missed my official review on this improved 5-in-1 formula, click here to check it out.

Today I'm sharing one of my favorites from the collection, Hidden Treasure. The name says it all. Best used for layering over any base color, it's a clear multidimensional glitter filled with a spectrum of flaky goodness.

Check out some mattified versions below.

Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure Mattified

Iced Coffee and Hidden Treasure

Here's two examples of how different Hidden Treasure can look over lighter and/or darker colors. Iced Coffee, which I haven't talked about yet, is a fabulous mannequin (or nude) shade from Sally Hansen. It brings out the softer side of the opalescent while Thinking of Blue is more bold and distinct.

Overall, Hidden Treasure is super awesome. If you don't own any flakies in your collection like Gosh Rainbow or CND Sugar Baby, this is a must have divas! I really love special effect top coats, no skills or equipment needed!

Hidden Treasure is available now at Walgreens, Meijer, Rite Aid and other retailers that carry seasonal displays. The price averages between $6.99-$7.99/ea.

Have you seen the Tracy Reese Collection in your area? Is this a must or bust? Have a wonderful afternoon.

nicole said on Apr 27th, 2010 9:12 pm
Do you know a place you can get these online?

Steph said on Apr 30th, 2010 5:22 am
Hi Nicole,
You can try Ebay, but I wouldn't recommend it...the starting bids are ridiculous!

nicole said on May 1st, 2010 10:12 am
OMG i seen that. i'll just hope amazon will get it soon.

Ally said on Apr 27th, 2010 10:01 pm
Oh crap that's hot I don't usually buy drugstore nail polish but I'm gonna track this baby down. Thanks for the drool worth swatches

Jackie S. said on Apr 28th, 2010 12:37 pm
I have got to find this polish, its driving me crazy!

Sandy said on Apr 28th, 2010 2:00 pm
I finally, finally found these in Houston at Walgreens after calling serveral Walgreens and stalking others to the point I think they were sick of me calling/stalking - lol! Hidden Treasure is absolutely a must have. Some of the Walgreens I normally shop don't know even if they are going to get this collection - why I don't know because they are awesome! They can't tell me if it is just Hidden Treasure that is limited editior or all of these shades limited edition.

Steph said on Apr 30th, 2010 5:28 am
Hi Sandy,
Yay, so glad you found it!! I'm going to go with yes on the limited edition thing. At my Meijer store the display didn't have any signs of LE, but the price tag did... And of course the Sales Associates provide no help whatsoever! But, who really knows?

Katy said on Apr 28th, 2010 10:07 pm
Nothing anywhere in North Central Ohio. Boo, I want my Sally Complete Salons!!

Steph said on Apr 30th, 2010 5:29 am
Hi Katy,
They should start popping up soon, I'm in Cincinnati, OH area!

Kimberly said on Apr 28th, 2010 10:26 pm
I have scoured Northern Orlando for this. No luck! Now to add to my obsession to find this 'Hidden Treasure,' I'd gladly pay a LOT more than just $8 for the damn thing! ;)

Claudia m said on Apr 28th, 2010 10:30 pm
Hi, I just recently found your page and I love it, great job! Sandy, where in Houston did you find this polish? I hit up Ulta, Target, Cvs, two grocery stores and a couple of Walgreens with no luck. Oddly enough, none of those were out of my way...and that was just Sunday. The girl at ulta said they get their stuff on Mondays but I haven\'t tried them again.

Claudia M. said on Apr 30th, 2010 8:59 am
I found it last night. I asked if they had a lot of ppl looking for it and the lady said no. I might go back and get another, it's such a versatile polish!! Is Walgreens the only store carrying this?

Sandy said on May 4th, 2010 10:50 am
Hi Claudia - So sorry, I just saw your note to me or I would have answered much, much sooner. I found mine at the Walgreens at the corner of Kirby and Holcombe close to the Texas Medical Center and also at the Walgreens way out by Beltway South at the corner of Blackhawk (southeast side of town). Again, my apologies! Glad to see someone else from Houston on this great website - hi there!

Stephie said on Apr 29th, 2010 12:02 am
I love how the Tracy Reese collection has a large variety of colors--- although I wish there were more cremes instead of shiny / glittery polishes.

Toma said on Apr 29th, 2010 11:09 pm
I FINALLY found mine at Walgreens (after 4 tries) in Chicago. Buy One Get One 50% off!

Steph said on Apr 30th, 2010 5:31 am
Hi Toma,
Awesome deal!! Score!!

Jen said on Apr 29th, 2010 11:36 pm
Just picked mine up about ten minutes ago! Thanks for the tip!

PinkPanther said on Apr 30th, 2010 2:00 am
I picked mine up at Walgreens yesterday and while I was there I asked the girl working in the beauty department if they were getting any more in. She says that you can request the store to order more. I really never thought of doing that at a drugstore but it can be done! Hope this helps you guys. It's an awesome color and I've been testing it out over different colors. And @Toma is right, it's buy one get one 50% off. The staff girl also said that you can buy other colors that you don't want to get the sale and just exchange those for the Hidden Treasure when it comes in! :)

Steph said on May 11th, 2010 12:24 am
Hi PinkPanther,
Thanks for the info, I never knew that!!

Colette said on Apr 30th, 2010 10:08 am
After hitting 10+ of a variety of stores (Ulta, Walgreens, CVS, Target) I finally found a nearly-full display yesterday (at a Walgreens) & am currently sporting this combination of HT over ToB - I LOVE it, thanks for the idea =) I'm only sad that of the 2 colors already gone, one was Sea & Be Seen, so I'm hunting for that now!

megan98 said on Apr 30th, 2010 3:30 pm
thats beautiful Im getting some of that ASAP!!!

Ashley said on May 4th, 2010 12:56 pm
I just found Hidden Treasure at Walgreens. I used it for the first time last night and I love it. I used qtica base coat, 2 coats of Midnight in NY, 1 coat Hidden Treasure and a topcoat. I was just curious. Are you all using a seperate base and top coat even though it is supposed to be all in one?

Steph said on May 11th, 2010 12:21 am
Hi Ashley,
Awesome!! Personally, for me, I can't get away from using a top coat and base - it's pretty much habit. But on some of the Complete Salon colors, the lighter ones, I totally pulled it off with no problems :)

Jolie said on May 5th, 2010 11:29 pm
This polish is amazing, have to find it! Thanks for the awesome review!

Katy M said on May 8th, 2010 6:19 pm
Steph: Did they send these to you or did you find them in San Diego? I live in San Diego and haven't been able to find them anywhere! I'm dying for Hidden Treasure just like everyone else!

Steph said on May 11th, 2010 12:16 am
Hi Katy,
No, I picked mine up at Meijer stores in the Cincinnati, OH region. I've heard it's still popping up across the US, So I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, you should check out Nubar 2010 http://www.stephscloset.com/blog/beauty/2010/05/710/nubar-night-sky-collection-nubar-2010/

If anyone in San Diego area tracks down Hidden Treasure could you let us know? much love xoxo!

Angela said on May 11th, 2010 10:10 pm
Awesome swatches!! Thanks so much! I also found the whole line on display (2 of each) today at Walgreens, in Los Angeles. The girl working there said that these were planned to be put on display in June but she decided to do it today. Lucky for me..lol At any rate, she also mentioned that these can be reordered. Hope this helps.

Jasmine said on May 23rd, 2010 3:04 pm
oh i am so jealous! i can't seem to find that color anywhere here in san francisco! :( but anyway, it looks great! the matte versions are very interesting :)

Alex said on Jun 19th, 2010 8:40 pm
Hey i was wondering if you guys can tell me if you can find the nail polish any other place besides walgreens

Steph said on Jun 20th, 2010 2:13 pm
Hi Alex,
You can try CVS, Rite Aid, Meijer (midwest only), Krogers, Long's Drug, Fred Meijer, Duane Reade and maybe some local grocery stores! Last resort ebay?

Vicky said on Aug 2nd, 2010 6:33 pm
I could never find this one, but what one can find in New Mexico anyway? Found it on eBay with biddings starting at $10.99, which is ridiculous! I love this Sally Hansen line (and only this one) but I would never pay that much on a nail polisher. The good thing is this is a lot better than OPI and Essie so, for the normal price tag, it is really a good buy.

Comments