Saturday, August 7th, 2010

A Great Color for Fall: Nina Never Glum Plum

Nina Glum Plum Nail Polish

Chanel Paradoxal Alternative

Nina Ultra Pro Nail Lacquer in Never Glum Plum ($3.99) is a gorgeous, grayed out, violet plum creme with a twist of taupe. Other than the Big 3 Free formula being on the thick side, application was decent with two coats.

If you're thinking, could this be a dupe for Chanel's Paradoxal? Yes and No. Of course it's missing the obvious shimmer factor, but the base color is close enough to pass off as an alternative, not necessarily an exact dupe. Plus, you can always add a layer of Orly Twilight to recreate a Paradoxal look-a-like.

Never Plum Glum is now available at Sally Beauty situated with the regular colors. The retail price is $3.99/ea.

Do you love the smokey violet purples this Fall? What do you think of Never Glum Plum? Have a wonderful weekend!

aaminahs mom said on Aug 7th, 2010 9:17 pm
pretty, hey have you heard of nina ultra pro starry night-got it today at sally will look for this one. thanks for the post. also what about a layer of the cnd effects in amethyst sparkle would that dupe it too?. cuz i have that one ha-ha

Steph said on Aug 8th, 2010 12:06 am
Hi aaminahs mom,
No, I didn't see that one!! I'll def have to go back and look! Oh yes, CND Amethyst Sparkle would work just as well!

vanaily said on Aug 7th, 2010 10:01 pm
Oh wow, this may be the first color I like from them!

Jen said on Aug 7th, 2010 10:05 pm
That color is amazing! May have to pick this one up.

Karli said on Aug 8th, 2010 11:50 am
Thanks so much for this post. Seems that I can't get enough of this type of color lately. Maybe I'm just over all of the Spring/Summer pastels. Thanks also to aaminahs mom! Missed out on Essies's Starry Night. I'm off to Sally's now!

Steph said on Aug 8th, 2010 1:21 pm
Hi Karli,
Me too!! It's such a stunning color! Also, check out Mossy Britches (a mossy green) and Unteal You (a gorgeous teal), I picked those up last week and should have swatches up later :)

nihrida said on Aug 8th, 2010 3:39 pm
I like this one a lot better than Chanel's Paradoxal. =)

Bunny said on Aug 8th, 2010 8:00 pm
Looks more like SOPI Metrochic to me.

Steph said on Aug 9th, 2010 12:02 am
Hi Bunny,
Nina Never Glum Plum is much darker compared to Metro Chic

Bunny said on Aug 9th, 2010 2:14 am
Good to know! Thanks.

cocofiere said on Aug 9th, 2010 12:37 pm
I love Mossy Britches! Just bought Never Glum Plum on Sunday due to this post and I love the color, it's a great base for the Paradoxal dupe. Plus, this looks better on my skintone than the Chanel did when I swatched it. I have Unteal You on my list because I bought Emerald City instead (finally a dupe, with staying power, for my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Jumpin' Jade). Thanks for this!

Steph said on Aug 9th, 2010 2:49 pm
Hi cocofiere,
Yah!! So glad you love it!! Unteal You is an amazing Blue/Teal, I can't wait to see how you like that one! :)

kelliegonzo said on Aug 12th, 2010 12:12 am
i just bought this one! didn't even realize it was new, thought maybe i had been passing it by :) it's gorgeous!

WhitneyR said on Aug 14th, 2010 10:00 pm
Love this color! I would have never looked twice at it in the bottle but after seeing your swatches, I had to pick it up. I absolutey love it and will have it in heavy rotation this fall & winter for sure!!!

rmcandlelight said on Aug 26th, 2010 8:06 am
I love love these type colors :)

Jen said on Sep 4th, 2010 6:42 pm
Steph, I tried Never Glum Plum with Orly's Love Eachother over the top. I was hoping you could do a comparison to Paradoxal?

Comments