Wednesday, August 25th, 2010

Maybelline Gray-t Glamour Nail Color for Fall

Maybelline Grayt Glamour Nail Polish

Maybelline Fall 2010 Nail Collection

Debuting this Fall from Maybelline, a collection of deep and sultry shades inspired by the Mercedes Benz 2010 Runway Colors. As much as I love rich and vampy nail hues, only one came home with me this time-- we'll get to the reason why in a second but first, Gray-t Glamour.

It's a dark gray with subtle multi colored shimmer. A close relative could be Orly's Pixie Dust. It has the same multi shimmer except it's more blue, and Gray-t Glamour is a deeper gray.

Check out a mattified version below.

Maybelline Gray t Glamour Mattified

I'm still in the testing stage of Elf's new matte finisher. The flat finish is nice: it's not satin-y or semi glossy like some brands. However, I did notice a lot more streak lines than usual. But for a buck, give it a shot and let me know what you think?!

Application and Formula - this is what I was referring to above. Let's rewind back for a moment to Poptastic Pretty Collection. I've had a love/hate relationship with Maybelline since then. Love the colors, absolutely HATE the formula. Stiff brushes that it make it impossible to achieve a perfect three swipe application. Along with fiber or hair like particles in the formula to drive you up a wall!

With each seasonal release I'm a little bit skeptical for that reason, can ya blame a girl? But I'm happy to say, this post ends on a good note. Gray-T Glamour was nearly perfect! And since then I've played around with two other colors from the collection, Pretty in Purple (display color) and Grand in Green with no application problems!

The Fall collection is available now thru September for a limited time only. The nail polish retails for $4.49/ea.

Maybelline fanatics, I want to hear from you! Have you experienced any applications problems over the last year? Please kiss and tell! Are you guys into vampies for Fall? Have a wonderful night!

Jen said on Aug 25th, 2010 11:15 pm
I applied pretty in purple with major application issues. Was almost thick and goopy. Smoothed out a little with topcoat but not completely. :(

VP said on Aug 25th, 2010 11:39 pm
Never tried Maybelline, but I'll have to after seeing this gorgeous color. Regarding application problems, I've had horrible issues with Revlon. I always get lots of bubbles. Any remedies?

Virginia said on Aug 25th, 2010 11:41 pm
I bought 4 of the shades yesterday! Gray-t Glamour, Grand in Green, Classic Black and Chic Chocolate. I tend to have really great wear with Maybelline so I love it when there are new collections! Plus, I got them on sale @ RiteAid for $1.49 each! I love sales and coupons :D

rmcandlelight said on Aug 26th, 2010 7:52 am
I saw this one and thought it was just a regular grey creme. But I did get grand in green, I better go back and pick up gray-t-glamour.

thedogismine said on Aug 26th, 2010 11:39 am
Great gray, but would it kill Maybelline to put ball bearings in their polish bottles?!?!?

Stephanie said on Aug 27th, 2010 8:23 pm
I've had the same problems with Maybelline polishes in the past, but I got Chic Chocolate from this collection and it was just fine. I love the color, too.

Kimberly said on Aug 27th, 2010 10:32 pm
I think I passed these up yesterday. Now I realize the folly of my decision! Must get Gray-T!!!!

Ling said on Aug 27th, 2010 11:31 pm
I loved the colour of Maybelline Denim Dash but boy was the brush awful. The polish texture wasn't that great either so it made application a nightmare.

Carol said on Sep 1st, 2010 11:34 pm
I got the purple one yesterday. Haven't tried it yesterday. After seeing how pretty your nails look with the gray, I will be going back tomorrow to get it. Thank you, Steph!

Jackie S. said on Sep 2nd, 2010 6:25 pm
This is a great grey!

Stefanie said on Sep 8th, 2010 10:52 am
I have to agree I bought some cute colors from the spring collection and the finish on my nails had tiny bubbles in it, the brush leaves a streaky look, and it chips easily. I saw the grey a couple days back and loved the color but passed it up due to the nightmare application I experienced with the others I had purchased.

Comments