Friday, April 6th, 2012

Nail Art Tutorial: Wildcat Paw Print

Kentucky Wild Cats Paw Print Manicure

Blue and White Cat Paw Print Nail Art

"CONGRATULATIONS NCAA CHAMPS!!" If you're a native from Kentucky or just a long-time fan, you know this is an exciting win for us Kentuckians!! After a phenomenal season this year, I wanted to get decked out in blue and white with an easy paw print manicure.

Whether you're a sports fan or not - this is great for any animal lover, and like most of my nail art entries on Steph's Closet, its SIMPLE! And that's exactly what I aim for. If it isn't simple, then I honestly don't have time. Plus, I'm always thinking about that non dominate hand!

Bobby Pin Nail Art Dotter

Supplies/Tools used: Nubar Blueberry Nail Polish for base color, White Acrylic Paint for dots and a Bobby Pin. I usually grab my handy dotting tool for the dots, but I wanted something larger like the tip of a Bobby Pin. It ended up working out perfectly for this particular design.

There's two ways you can create the base paw - just a standard dot (like I did above), or a triangular shape (like the picture tutorial below), which is more realistic compared to an actual animal print. Either way, both options are super easy, no-brainers.

Begin by dipping the bobby pin end into paint/polish and off you go! Just remember you have full control on how big or little your dots are by the amount of paint/polish used on the bobby pin. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Simple, Cute and Easy.

What do you think of my paw print design? Are there any Kentucky fans out there? Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Biba said on Apr 7th, 2012 2:56 am
Oh, so cute!

Steph said on Apr 11th, 2012 1:41 pm
Hi Biba,
Thanks!

Swatch And Learn said on Apr 9th, 2012 3:24 pm
Love this, Steph! It's so adorable. I'll have to give this a try. :)

Steph said on Apr 11th, 2012 1:42 pm
Thanks, Mary! You definitely should, it's so easy!

Nicka said on Apr 11th, 2012 1:40 pm
I found your pic thru pinterest, and let me tell you I'm so glad I did... This is incredibly adorable!

Steph said on Apr 11th, 2012 1:43 pm
Hi Nicka,
I'm so glad you did too!! Aww, that's so sweet!

curly06 said on Apr 12th, 2012 4:43 pm
Love these for middle or high school girls! I dont have patience anymore to paint mine. I just started using jamberry nails

Makeup Buy said on May 21st, 2012 2:25 pm
I loved your tutorial. This is great stuff. Thanks for sharing the info. Hope to see more such stuff.

Schlack said on May 21st, 2012 3:26 pm
Super cute! not just the design but the nails as well!

Jen said on May 26th, 2012 11:30 am
I LOVE THIS!! Thank you for the post.. I am a UK Alumni and will try this very soon!!

Comments